Welcome to Mount Vernon Weekday School. We understand that making the right preschool choice can be a real challenge and we're here to help you through this process. Our mission is to provide you with a quality preschool experience and peace of mind while offering your child a safe, loving, stress-free and educationally-rich environment.
Our children are our future: let us help them grow through:
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Values and Ethics
Our Program Goals:
- To provide experiences which enhance each child’s social, physical, intellectual, emotional and creative growth.
- To offer a curriculum that is child-centered, open-ended, process oriented, and play-based.
- To create opportunities for exploration and experimentation.
- To help children understand their feelings and the feelings of others.
- To allow children choices and decision-making opportunities.
- To develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- To promote acceptance of diversity.
- To promote self-esteem, confidence, individuality, positive self-image, autonomy, and success.
These goals are incorporated into the daily lesson plans through developmentally appropriate practices. All children are encouraged to progress at their own pace and according to individual needs and abilities.